Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: PICS of old catalog! AKA: Isn't it great when things are as good as you remember.

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Meanie Genie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2006
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for sharing them with us!!! I'm a newbie and found that all quite interesting. Thanks for going to the trouble of making the album. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Nethilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2006
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, I want an old one so bad. I have no idea if I have some still in my storage. If I don't I would love one.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member kymmy3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2003
    Posts
    323
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I LOVE the old catalogs. The GREAT thing is that the prices have changed SO little. I kept thinking how GREAT the whole collection idea was and then decided to add Kirsten's up. Everything listed in Kirsten's collection today is $991 (not including caddy or extra books)

    Not bad.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member karbipbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow! What a great thing to share! I had never seen one of the old catalogues. I love how they have the story about the outfit on each page! That is great marketing! You get the girls into the story line and then they have to have the outfit!! I like this style so much better, something to read and enjoy instead of just pictures to look at. Thank you so much for sharing!!

  5. #25
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ooo, I love the old catalogs! Thank you for sharing those pics with us. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] The old catalogs were fun to read. The old catalogs were play-driven, not product-driven. A product-driven catalog focuses on moving stock and packing as many products as possible on every page. Sell, sell, sell. But a play driven catalog focuses on the imagination.

    Describing Samantha's dress as "peppermint perfection" is sheer bliss, dreamy and poetic. The current catalogs don't have space to put in such extensive description but I sure wish they did. They ought to. For girls to read such fascinating description could actually help the girls become better writers. Afterall, isn't reading one of Pleasant Company's focuses?

    Julia

  6. #26
    HB Forum Owner tomgirl571's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2005
    Posts
    65
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Brings back great memories [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks a bundle for posting the pics.

  7. #27
    LordofthePumpkinPatch
    Guest LordofthePumpkinPatch's Avatar

    Post

    I have a catologue from 96, 93 & 94 from ebay. And they are so much better! I love looking atthem, they are so much more magical. It makes me want them all....in a way that the newer catalogues do not. Just from looking at the newer catalogues, I didn't even want a historical for the longest time. In fact my 2 historicals are PM, I don't even want a new one...

  8. #28
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have this one, too, I've saved every one of mine since 1995. I'll check for some extras later, but I can't guarantee any will be in great condition.

    I think the best, best things about them are the gorgeous pictures of the little girls with their dolls in matching outfits. It's not just the outfits, they photograph the scene in some interesting place, like the pretty bedrooms/couch in this catalogue, and springy fields, and barns, and school rooms, etc, in others, they just make you want the outfit, no matter which outfit it is. And I also loved how most of the time, the girl didn't look entirely identical to the doll, it just made you able to see yourself in the outfit.

    Aah, 5 AGs, lol. That seems like SO long ago. And, I guess when you're 20, 10 years is an awful long time.

    Poor Felicity, all of these accessory kits are so pretty. I think she'd like to have them back, especially the rescue kit.

    And the pages with the girl sized dresses, they're so gorgeous. I want one. Any one, lol. I think they should bring back the girl sized necklaces, if nothing else, they're so pretty, and don't shout PERIOD as much as the dresses, and would surely sell well.

    And only the 3 AGT outfits (4 if you count the jacket). Now everyone knows why collectors back then bought the Jeans Basic outfit, not because it was cute, but because it was the only one!

    Thanks for posting that, it's more fun to look at the old catalogues when other people can, too [img]smile.gif[/img] .

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 21, 2006 12:29 PM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>

  9. #29
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks so much for posting the pics! How I wish I'd saved my catalogs. This was a real trip down memory lane and made me very nostalgic for the Pleasant Rowland days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •